Golden Age of Light Music: Springtime
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Guild - Light Music
Cat No: GLCD5216
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 16th June 2014
Leroy Anderson is probably the best-loved American light music composer of his generation. For many years he was the chief arranger for the Boston Pops, and its famous conductor Arthur Fiedler introduced many Anderson novelties to an appreciative world.
Leroy’s contribution to this collection is simply the composer’s paean of praise for what many regard as the most welcome season of the year, since it ushers in the warmer and lighter days that are so refreshing after the long, gloomy winter months.
The First Day Of Spring is certainly greeted by many with eager anticipation, and it can’t arrive too soon. Leroy’s feelings for this season are shared by many of his fellow composers, and what might be described as traditional light music composers like Ivor Novello, Albert Ketèlbey, Paul Lincke and Haydn Wood rub shoulders with popular songwriters who merrily had us tip-toeing through the tulips in Springtime!
1. The First Day Of Spring - Leroy Anderson: Leroy Anderson and his Orchestra
2. April Is Coming - Assi Rahbani, Mansour Rahbani, arr. Ron Goodwin: Ron Goodwin and his Concert Orchestra
3. Tip Toe Through The Tulips With Me - Joseph A. Burke, Al Dubin: Frank Chacksfield and his Orchestra
4. Blossom - Mark Charlap, real name Morris Isaac Charlip: Richard Hayman and his Orchestra
5. Spring In Baden Baden (Frühling In Baden-Baden) - Lothar Brühne: Baden-Baden Symphony Orchestra conducted by Hans Rosbaud
6. Springtime (Also known as 'Love's Springtime') - Cedric King Palmer: The Bosworth Orchestra
7. Mayflies - Edward Stanelli: New Concert Orchestra conducted by Dolf Van Der Linden ('Nat Nyll' On Disc Label)
8. Spring Cruise - Peter Yorke: Danish State Radio Orchestra conducted by Robert Farnon ('Melodi Light Orchestra conducted by Ole Jensen’ On Disc Label)
9. Spring Gambol - Harold Smart: The Light Symphonia conducted by Roberto Capelli
10. Mother Nature - Harry Rabinowitz: New Concert Orchestra conducted by Dolf Van Der Linden ('Nat Nyll’ On Disc Label)
11. Garden Party - George French: L’Orchestre Devereaux conducted by Georges Devereaux
12. Those Far Away Hills - Reginald King: Regent Classic Orchestra
13. Spring Promenade - Frederic Curzon: New Concert Orchestra conducted by Cedric Dumont
14. Rainbow’s Glory - Cedric King Palmer: Dolf Van Der Linden and his Metropole Orchestra
15. High Cloud - Herbert Leonard Stevens: Crawford Light Orchestra (Probably Stuttgart Radio Orch)
16. Spring Fashion - Alan Braden: Group-Forty Orchestra conducted by Laurie Johnson
17. Spring Song - Haydn Wood: Queen’s Hall Light Orchestra conducted by Charles Williams
18. Prelude For Gardenias - Peter Barrington, real name Felton Rapley: New Concert Orchestra conducted by Jack Leon
19. Forest Mood - Frederic Bayco: The Bosworth Orchestra
20. June Is Calling - Wilfrid Sanderson: New Concert Orchestra conducted by Jay Wilbur
21. April Kiss - Peter Dennis, real name Dennis Alfred Berry: Dolf Van Der Linden and his Metropole Orchestra
22. (I'll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time - Fleetson, Albert Von Tilzer: Ernest Maxin and his Orchestra
23. Sunbeams And Butterflies - Albert William Ketèlbey: Elite Novelty Orchestra
24. We'll Gather Lilacs (from 'Perchance To Dream') - Ivor Novello, arr. Sidney Torch: Queen’s Hall Light Orchestra conducted by Charles Williams
25. Beautiful Spring - Paul Lincke: London Promenade Orchestra conducted by Eric Rogers
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here