Istanbul: Dmitrie Cantemir - The Book of Science of Music
Currently out of stock at the UK suppliers. Available to order, but is likely to take longer than usual to despatch
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Alia Vox
Cat No: AVSA9870
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 30th November 2009
This unique manuscript enables us to discover the jewels of the Turkish traditional music. Jordi Savall has already included some of its pieces in his album Orient Occident (AVSA9848), but he decided to explore it further in order to reveal the magic of the incredible city of Istanbul.
This city portrait wouldn't have been complete without the fascinating Armenian and Sephardic repertoire that was also familiar in Istanbul during this time. Once again, Jordi Savall reminds us about a Golden Age of cultural dialogue, brought back to life by Hesperion XXI and outstanding Turkish and Armenian guest musicians. A Jordi Savall experience that goes beyond music...
1. Taksim (Kanun, Vièle, Oud, Kemence et Tanbur) Improvisation
2. Der makām-ı ‘Uzzâl uşūleş Devr-i kebīr - Mss. Dimitri Cantemir (118) Anonym (ancien)
3. Los Paxaricos (Isaac Levy I.59) – Maciço de Rosas (I.Levy III.41) Sépharade (Turquie)
4. Taksim (Kanun) Improvisation
5. Der makām-ı Muhayyer uşūleş Muhammes (Mss. D.Cantemir 285) Kantemiroğlu
6. Chant et Danse (2 Duduk et percussion) Tradition Arménienne
7. Taksim (Oud) Improvisation
8. Der makām-ı Hüseynī Semâ’î (Mss. D.Cantemir 268) Baba Mest
9. El amor yo no savia (I.Levy II.80) Sépharade (Esmirna)
10. Taksim (Lira) Improvisation
11. Der makām-ı Şūri Semâ’î (Mss. D.Cantemir 256) Anonyme (ancien)
12. Lamento: Ene Sarére (2 Duduk) Barde Ashot (Arménien)
13. Madre de la gracia (I. Levy III.29) Sépharade (Turquie)
14. Taksim (Kanun, Tanbur, Santur et Oud) Improvisation
15. Der makām-ı [Hüseynī] uşūleş Çenber (Mss. D.Cantemir 96) Edirne’li Ahmed
16. Taksim & Makam «Esmkhetiet-Yis kou ghimeten-Tchim guichi» Barde Sayat Nova (Arménien)
17. Taksim (Kanun, Tanbur et Oud) Improvisation
18. Der makām-ı ‘Uzzâl uşūleş Berevsan (Mss. D.Cantemir 148) ‘Alí H^äce (Ali Hoca)
19. Venturoso Mançevo (I. Levy II.58) Sépharade (Esmirna)
20. Taksim (Kemence, Kanun, Oud et Tanbur) Improvisation
21. Der makām-ı Hüseynī Sakīl-i Ağa Rıżā (Mss. D. Cantemir 89) Anonyme (ancien)
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here