Coming Up For Air
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: NMC Recordings
Cat No: HCR22CD
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 15th November 2019
ArtistsKathryn Williams (flute)
ArtistsKathryn Williams (flute)
This album collects 40 different responses to one straightforward question - what can be communicated in a single breath? This limitation has inspired a wide range of approaches – some composers have contributed a melody, some have foregrounded a physiological challenge, others have offered a single sound, and others still have created their own playful exceptions to the prompt. The contributions are from composers of all ages, backgrounds and levels of experience. The youngest composer represented is just eight years old, and the album brings together aesthetically diverse artists including Chaya Czernowin, Oliver Coates, Amber Priestley, Andy Ingamells, Larry Goves, Annie Hui-Hsin Hsieh, Newton Armstrong, Mary Bellamy, Stephen Chase, Sarah Hennies, Mauricio Pauly, and Brian Ferneyhough, who is represented here by the brief excerpt from Unity Capsule that provided the original inspiration for the project.
1. Joanna Ward - One, Breathe
2. Newton Armstrong - Two Canons for Kathryn
3. Patrick Ellis - Breath, Patterns, Bends
4. Megan Grace Beugger - Asthmatic inhalation & exhalation
5. Angela Elizabeth Slater - A Moments Breath
6. Jack Sheen - (it’s really you strolling by)
7. Matthew Welton - Poem in a single breath
8. Daisy Ellen Holden - Waves
9. Chaya Czernowin - breathing etude I
10. Jenny Jackson - Expel
11. Nina Whiteman - Thread
12. John Aulich - Just a different wolf
13. Laurie Tompkins - Bistro Legende
14. Stephen Chase - Feet. Can’t. Fail. (slight return)
15. Charlotte Marlow & Chrissie Pinney - Breathless
16. Cee Haines - DOOO
17. Cevanne Horrocks-Hopayian - Breathing Up
18. Emilia Williams - Gerbil Behaviour
19. Amber Priestley - It involves beautiful tightropes of logic on which one has to walk.
20. Andy Ingamells & Kathryn Williams - Aquafifer (after Hermeto Pascoal)
21. Larry Goves - Air Pressure (after Bruce Nauman)
22. Ewan Campbell - Polar Vortex
23. Lucio Tasca - One breath
24. Mark Dyer - Memento for Kathryn (and being able to hold that forever)
25. Lucy Hale - When we breathe
26. David Pocknee - Gray Winter Grimes
27. Scott McLaughlin - Like skipping stones on a lake
28. Lauren Marshall - SUCK/BLOW
29. Annie Hui-Hsin Hsieh & Kathryn Williams - PIXERCISE 1
30. Max Erwin - Inventory
31. Lavender Rodriguez - I didn’t say that he did
32. Alex Bonney - Resonant Ripples
33. Mary Bellamy - Atom
34. Robert Crehan - Save Your Breath
35. Eleanor Cully - Snow geese
36. Oliver Coates & chrysanthemum bear - Leif
37. Mauricio Pauly & Gabriel Montagné - H-Yodo Draft 4
38. Brian Ferneyhough - excerpt, Unity Capsule (Senza misura, page 19, third system, to the end)
39. Sarah Hennies - Packing it in
40. Vitalija Glovackyte - Untitled
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here