Teatro alla Scala: The Golden Years Vol.3
Currently out of stock at the UK suppliers. Available to order, but is likely to take longer than usual to despatch
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: 37730
Format: DVD - NTSC
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 27th November 2015
Enzo Biagi was one of Italy’s most famous and respected journalists. His love of the prestigious Milanese venue inspired the programmes he made during the period 1981-82, which we are now presenting on DVD. Documenting the La Scala productions from those years, Biagi attended rehearsals and interviewed not only the conductors, singers and directors of the time, but also some of the great stars of the past.
That documentary series, originally produced on 16 mm film, has now been restored and made available to a wider public by Dynamic.
This final DVD of the series is dedicated to La Scala’s 1981 tour of Japan.
- Biagi talks with Claudio Abbado about the role of the conductor, his colleagues, and the rivalry with Riccardo Muti
- Behind-the-scenes shots of Verdi’s Otello, with Placido Domingo in the title role
- An in-depth discussion with Placido Domingo: his debut at La Scala, his difficult beginnings and his future projects
- An interview with baritone Piero Cappuccilli
- A conversation with Mirella Freni: her debut, her success, her colleagues and her sources of inspiration
- Behind-the-scenes footage of Verdi’s Simon Boccanegra, with Piero Cappuccilli, Mirella Freni and Nicolai Ghiaurov
Video Format/ Aspect ratio: NTSC – 16/9
Audio Format: Linear PCM 2.0
Subtitles: Ita, Eng, Fre, Ger, Jap
Region code: 0 – All regions
Recorded at: Tokyo, Japan
Recording date: September 1981
Duration: 81 mins
Notes: English, Italian
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here