Golden Age of Light Music: And At The Piano
Currently out of stock at the UK suppliers. Available to order, but is likely to take longer than usual to despatch
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Guild - Light Music
Cat No: GLCD5229
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 7th August 2015
Peter Nero makes his Guild debut along with fellow Americans Peggy Stuart, Skitch Henderson, Carmen Cavallaro and Liberace. Duettists Rawicz and Landauer and Ferrante and Teicher entertain, and we have the original recording of 'Jealous Lover' by Charles Williams, which later achieved fame when it was used as the theme for the Academy Award winning film 'The Apartment'.
1. On The Sunny Side Of The Street: Jimmy McHugh - Skitch Henderson (piano) with Orchestra
2. Autumn Concerto: Camillo Bargoni, arr. Brian Fahey - Russ Conway (piano) with Michael Collins & his Concert Orchestra
3. Manhattan (featured in the film "The Eddy Duchin Story"): Richard Rodgers - Carmen Cavallaro (piano) with Morris Stoloff & his Orchestra
4. Scarlet Ribbons: Evelyn Danzig, Jack Segal - Peter Nero (piano) with Marty Gold & his Orchestra
5. All The Things You Are (from "Very Warm For May"): Jerome Kern, arr. Morton Gould - Morton Gould (piano) & his Orchestra
6. Diamond Dust: Peter De Rose, Domenico Savino - Bill Snyder (piano) & his Orchestra
7. Smoky Eyes: Peggy Stuart - Peggy Stuart (piano) with Orchestra
8. Copacabana Samba: Joseph F Kuhn - Dolores Ventura (piano) with The Carnival Orchestra
9. They Didn’t Believe Me (from "The Girl from Utah"): Jerome Kern - Art Waner (piano) with The Latin Quarter Orchestra
10. Kitten On The Keys: Zes Confrey, arr. Percy Faith - Percy Faith & his Orchestra, Stan Freeman & Bernie Leighton (Pianos)
11. Romantic Rhapsody: Charles Williams - Charles Williams & his Concert Orchestra, Arthur Sandford (piano)
12. Parakeet: Lobsa - Albert Semprini (piano) with Orchestra
13. Song Of The Sea (Cancion Del Mar): Ferrer Trinidade - Winfred Atwell (piano) with Frank Chacksfield & his Orchestra
14. The Singing Piano: Tolchard Evans - Ron Goodwin & his Concert Orchestra
15. Jealous Lover (also known as "Theme from The Apartment"): Charles Williams - Charles Williams & his Concert Orchestra (piano - Arthur Dulay)
16. Little Miss Molly: Robert Farnon, arr. Walter Landauer - Maryan Rawicz And Walter Landauer (Pianos) with Robert Farnon & his Orchestra
17. Swedish Rhapsody: Charles Wilding - David Rose & his Orchestra, Ray Turner (piano)
18. Night And Day (from "The Gay Divorcee"): Cole Porter - Peter Nero (piano) with Marty Gold & his Orchestra
19. Pixie Holiday: Harry Sukman - Victor Young & his Orchestra, Harry Sukman (piano)
20. Lucy’s Theme From "Parrish": Max Steiner - George Greeley (piano) & his Orchestra
21. Cheek To Cheek (from "Top Hat"): Irving Berlin - Joe “Mr Piano” Henderson (piano) with Bill Shepherd & his Orchestra
22. I’m In The Mood For Love: Jimmy McHugh, Dorothy Fields - Arthur Ferrante & Louis Teicher (Pianos) with Orchestra
23. Distancia - Bolero: Marino Pinto, Mario Rossi - Roberto Inglez (piano) & his Orchestra
24. Melody Of Love: Hans Engelmann - Stanley Black (piano) & his Romantic Music
25. Beer Barrel Polka: Jaromír Vejvoda - Wladziu Valenti Liberace (piano) with George Liberace & his Orchestra
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here