Benny Goodman: Milestones of the ‘King of Swing’
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: 600291
Number of Discs: 10
Release Date: 29th January 2016
The ‘King of Swing’ can be heard with jazz stars such as Gene Krupa, Teddy Wilson, Fletcher Henderson and Charlie Christian. This set includes his best-known swing numbers, such as ‘One O’Clock Jump’ and ‘Jumpin’ at the Woodside’, as well as the legendary Carnegie Hall concert from 1938.
- The Famous Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert Vol. 1 & 2 (1950)
- The Goodman Touch (1953)
- Benny Goodman in Hi-Fi (1954)
- Benny Goodman: Mozart - Concerto for Clarinet and Orchestra (1956)
- The Great Benny Goodman (1956)
- Peggy Lee Sings with Benny Goodman (1957)
- Benny in Brussels Vol. 1 & 2 (1958)
- A Treasury of Immortal Performances 1935/1936 (1959)
- Performance Recordings 1937/1938 (1959)
- Benny Goodman & His Orchestra - featuring Jack Teagarden (1949)
- Benny Goodman Swings Again (1960)
- Happy Session featuring André Previn & Russ Freeman (1960)
- Rodgers & Hammerstein - The Sound of Music (1959)
- Benny Rides Again (1960)
- Session for Six (1950)
- Benny Goodman Presents Arrangements by Fletcher Henderson (1953)
- Excerpts from Benny Goodman in Moscow (1962)
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here