Monteverdi, Sartorio, Rossi - La Storia di Orfeo
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: 9029585190
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 3rd March 2017
ArtistsPhilippe Jaroussky (countertenor)
Emoke Barath (soprano)
Coro della Radiotelevisione Svizzera
“This project, which was inspired by three key 17th-century operas, was conceived as a kind of opera in miniature or as a cantata for two solo voices and chorus, and features just two characters: Orpheus and Eurydice,” explains Jaroussky. “The three operas focus on different aspects of the story: Sartorio and Rossi depict the happiness of the young lovers and the scene in which Eurydice is bitten by the snake; Monteverdi, on the other hand, concentrates more on Orpheus’ search for Eurydice in the underworld, and the highpoint of his work is an aria that has remained without parallel in the history of opera: the magical ‘Possente spirto’, which I have the temerity to perform here as a countertenor, for the first time on record.”
He is joined by sublime soprano Emőke Baráth and period-instrument ensemble par excellence I Barocchisti with Diego Fasolis at the helm. A journey to the beginnings of opera, to the Italian Baroque, to the underworld and back.
1. Sartorio: Sinfonia
2. Sartorio: Cara e amabile catena (Euridice, Orfeo)
3. Monteverdi: Vieni, Imeneo... Lasciate i monti (Coro)
4. Monteverdi: Rosa del Ciel (Orfeo, Euridice)
5. Rossi: Mio ben, teco il tormento (Euridice)
6. Rossi: Che dolcezza è la certezza (Euridice, Orfeo)
7. Rossi: Deh, più lucente (Coro)
8. Monteverdi: Vi ricorda, o boschi ombrosi (Orfeo)
9. Monteverdi: Vieni, Imeneo (Coro)
10. Rossi: M’ami tu?... Se così dunque Amor fà (Euridice, Orfeo)/ Deh, pietà! (Coro)
11. A l’imperio d’Amore (Euridice, Coro)
12. Sartorio: Ahimè, Numi, son morta (Euridice, Orfeo)
13. Rossi: Ah, piangete! (Coro)
14. Lagrime, dove sete? (Orfeo)
15. Sartorio: È morta Euridice (Orfeo)
16. Rossi: Dormite, begl’occhi, dormite (Coro)
17. Sartorio: Orfeo tu dormi? (Euridice)
18. Sartorio: Se desti pietà (Euridice)
19. Sartorio: Risvegliati, sù (Euridice, Orfeo)
20. Monteverdi: Possente spirto (Orfeo)
21. Monteverdi: Pietade oggi e Amore (Coro)
22. Sartorio: Numi, che veggio... Non ti volger (Euridice, Orfeo)
23. Sartorio: Chiuso, ahimè, di Cocito... Rendetemi Euridice (Orfeo)
24. Rossi: Lasciate Averno (Orfeo)
25. Rossi: Amor vero e salda fé (Coro)
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here