Christmas Around the World
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: AUDITE20036
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 21st October 2016
The different musical orientations from which Ursula Fiedler and Manfred Fränkel originally come - she from "classical music", he from "folk music" - made them curious about each other. At first, they developed a Breton-Celtic programme; the success of this encouraged them to produce this somewhat different Christmas CD with newly found, rather unconventional repertoire.
Ursula Fiedler initially studied violin in Hannover and voice in Vienna. After completing her studies, she was active for over 20 years as a freelance singer, performing in Vienna (Musikverein, Konzerthaus, St Stephen's Cathedral), Brussels, Madrid, Barcelona, Santander, New York (Avery Fisher Hall), Milan, Parma, Palermo and Berlin (Philharmonie, Konzerthaus). She was also invited to numerous festivals, including the Haydn Festival in Eisenstadt, the Schwetzingen, Potsdam, Berlin and Ludwigsburg Festivals, the Schleswig-Holstein Festival, the Ruhr Piano Festival, the Feldkirch Schubertiade and the Styriarte in Graz. A two-month walking tour from Vienna to the North Sea coast in 2008 changed her life. Since then she has primarily dedicated herself to the creation of her own programmes; in these, the point of emphasis is the combination of her violin playing with singing, both in the classical and non-classical areas.
1. Traditional: Kilisee, Kilisee
2. Günther Mittergradnegger: Werst mei Liacht ume sein
3. Traditional (arr. Holst): Lullay My Liking
4. Traditional: Cansó de Nadal
5. Traditional (arr. Schröder): Maria durch ein Dornwald ging
6. Uuno Klami: Jouluilta
7. Karl Collan: Sylvian Joululaulu
8. Traditional: Los Peces en el Río
9. Traditional: Quelle est cette odeur
10. Traditional: The Gower Wassail
11. Traditional: Earth’s Joy
12. Une Haarnoja: Jouluhymni
13. Traditional: The First Nowell
14. Traditional (arr. Hatzfeld): Auf, ihr Hirten
15. Alpo Noponen: Kun Joulu On
16. Sigrid Sköldberg-Pettersson: Pieni Joululaulu
17. Wilhelm Knab, Armin / Schnippering: In’n Himmelsgoren
18. Traditional (arr. Hargest Jones): Jesu is Crying
19. Traditional: Es sungen drei Engel
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here