Golden Age of Light Music: The Runaway Rocking Horse & Other Library Lollipops
Currently out of stock at the UK suppliers. Available to order, but is likely to take longer than usual to despatch
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Guild - Light Music
Cat No: GLCD5232
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 20th November 2015
Guild’s previous collections of 'Library' music from British music publishers have proved popular, providing a mixture of titles, some of which have become well-known through their use in Radio and Television programmes, and others which have probably never been used since they were published. Why is a mystery, because many of these were written by the same composers and were often as good (and sometimes better) than the famous ones.
This collection comprises 25 tracks from 11 of the major British publishers’ libraries and the highlight is the title track, The Runaway Rocking Horse which is presented here in its complete version - many recordings omit the introduction and part of the centre section.
1. Melody Maid: William Davies - Connaught Light Orchestra
2. La Compagne: Harry Dexter - New Century Orchestra conducted by Erich Borschel
3. Water Ski Ride: Gilbert Vinter - Louis Voss & his Orchestra
4. Spirit Of Youth: Leslie Bridgewater - New Century Orchestra conducted by Sidney Torch
5. The Runaway Rocking Horse: Edward White - New Concert Orchestra conducted by Jay Wilbur
6. Patterns: Ken Warner - New Century Orchestra conducted by Erich Borschel
7. Mexican Serenade: Julius Steffaro - Hilversum Radio Orchestra conducted by Hugo De Groot (As Hugh Granville)
8. Girl On The Calendar: Clive Richardson - Queen’S Hall Light Orchestra conducted by Robert Farnon
9. Pull Up Your Socks: King Palmer - Westway Studio Orchestra
10. Starlight Concerto: Anthony Mawer - Hilversum Radio Orchestra conducted by Hugo De Groot (As Hugh Granville)
11. Pert And Pretty: Bruce Campbell - Lansdowne Light Orchestra (Actually Stuttgart Radio Orchestra conducted by Kurt Rehfeld)
12. Vision Of Salome - Waltz: Archibald Joyce - New Century Orchestra conducted by Sidney Torch
13. The Liberty Boat: Ronald Binge - Lansdowne Light Orchestra (Actually Stuttgart Radio Orchestra conducted by Kurt Rehfeld)
14. Table Talk: Dolf Van Der Linden - Dolf Van Der Linden & his Orchestra
15. Circus Lad: Phillipe Pares - Grosvenor Studio Orchestra
16. Highland Lament: Charles Williams - Queen’S Hall Light Orchestra conducted by Charles Williams
17. Peek-A-Boo: Harold Smart - The Bosworth Orchestra
18. Chinese Scene: Frederic Curzon - New Century Orchestra conducted by Alfred Matchat
19. Flametta: Anthony Collins - New Century Orchestra conducted by Erich Borschel
20. The Scent Of Sandalwood: Trevor Duncan - New Concert Orchestra (Conductor not named)
21. Viva Villa: Stephen Fenora - Crawford Light Orchestra
22. Maids Of Honour: Billy Mayerl - Lansdowne Light Orchestra (Actually Stuttgart Radio Orchestra conducted by Kurt Rehfeld)
23. Team Spirit: Walter Collins - London Promenade Orchestra conducted by Walter Collins
24. Sheerline: Ernest Tomlinson - Crawford Light Orchestra
25. House Of Horrors: Ernest Tomlinson - New Century Orchestra conducted by Eric Borschel
26. Gay And Vivacious: Ernest Tomlinson as Alan Perry - Louis Voss & his Orchestra
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here