Christmas Music Through the Ages
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: SDL437
Number of Discs: 2
Release Date: 4th September 2015
A celebration of festive music with 50 pieces from the 6th to 20th centuries - choirs, folk ensembles and soloists, handbell choir, brass band, viol consort, monks and nuns, musical boxes, street pianos, bagpipes, renaissance instruments and early music performers.
This double set forms part of Saydisc’s 50th Anniversary celebration releases. It is the ultimate Christmas compilation, spanning so many centuries and styles, and will surely become a classic Saydisc release year on year.
50 tracks showing a great diversity of music styles and periods, from top performers in early music and folk fields.
1. Christe redemptor: Prinknash & Stanbrook Abbeys - 6thC
2. Gabriel fram Heven-King: Richard Wistreich/York Waits (13th/14th C)
3. Laetabundus: Prinknash & Stanbrook Abbeys - 12thC
4. In dulci jubilo: Maddy Prior with The Carnival Band - 14thC German
5. Angelus ad Virginem: Sneak’s Noyse - 14thC
6. Personent hodie: Maddy Prior with The Carnival Band - 14thC German
7. Dominus dixit: Prinknash & Stanbrook Abbeys - c15thC
8. Gaudete: Richard Wistreich (bass) with The York Waits - 16thC
9. Joseph, dearest Joseph mine: Maddy Prior, Carnival Band - 16thC German
10. Lullaby (Byrd): Caroline Trevor (alto), Rose Consort of Viols - 16thC
11. O magnum mysterium (Victoria): St Clement Danes Chorale-16th C Spain
12. Sweet was the song the Virgin sung: Rose Consort of Viols - 16thC
13. While shepherds watched their flocks by night: Street piano - 16thC
14. Coventry carol: Maddy Prior with The Carnival Band - 16thC
15. Sing unto God (Tomkins): Red Byrd, Rose Consort of Viols - 17thC
16. Es ist ein Ros entsprungen (Praetorius): with The York Waits - 17thC (1609)
17. The old year now away is fled: Sneaks Noyse - 17thC
18. Remember O thou man: Richard Wistreich (bass), The York Waits - 17thC
19. Bells/Hark the herald angels sing: street piano, musical boxes - 19thC
20. It came upon the midnight clear: Maddy Prior, Carnival Band - 19thC
21. Virga Jesse (Bruckner): The Bristol Bach Choir - 19thC
22. Rejoice and be merry: Maddy Prior with The Carnival Band - 19thC
23. Silent night medley: handbells and musical boxes - 19thC
Total duration: 78.38
1. Arise, and hail the Sacred Day: The Mellstock Band & Singers - 19thC
2. The boar's head in hand bring I: Sneak’s Noyse - 19thC
3. Hail happy morn: The Mellstock Band & Choir - 19th C
4. Angels from the realms of glory: Maddy Prior, Carnival Band - 19thC
5. Stille Nacht: St Clement Danes Chorale - 19thC German
6. All hail to the days: Sneak’s Noyse (Tim Laycock: vocal) - 19thC
7. Angels from the realms of glory, Away in a manger, O little town of Bethlehem,The first noel: Grosmont Handbell Ringers - Trad
8. As with gladness men of old, To God in the highest, See amidst the winter snow: Sun Life Stanshawe Band - Trad
9. A Virgin most pure: Dartington Hall Handbells and Choir - Trad
10. Oh, Christmas now is drawing near at hand: Sneak’s Noyse - Trad
11. Good people all this Christmastime: Sneak’s Noyse, Tim Laycock - Trad
12. Cold winter is come: Sneak’s Noyse, Tim Laycock, Ray Attfield - Trad
13. On Christmas night all Christians sing: Sneak’s Noyse,Tim Laycock-Trad
14. God rest you merry, Gentlemen: Maddy Prior, Carnival Band - Trad
15. Down in yon forest: Dartington Hall Handbells and Choir - Trad
16. The angel Gabriel: Cardiff Polyphonic Choir - Trad Basque
17. Kanomp nouel: Julie Murphy with Breton bagpipe - Trad Bretagne
18. Hark the glad sound (Dublin Tune) Colin McAllister - Trad Irish
19. The holly bears a berry: Maddy Prior, Carnival Band - Trad Cornish
20. Christ child's lullaby: Arthur Cormack voice & bagpipes - Trad Scottish
21. Ar gyfer heddiw'r bore: Cardiff Polyphonic Choir - Trad Welsh
22. Calennig: Julie Murphy with Welsh Triple Harp, etc - Trad Welsh
23. A Hymn to the Virgin (Britten): Bristol Bach Choir - 20thC
24. I sing of a maiden (Bush) Cardiff Polyphonic Choir & Orchestra- 20thC
25. Come to Bethlehem (Warlock/Murray): Bristol Bach Choir - 20thC
26. When Jesus Christ (Bush/Belloc): Cardiff Polyphonic Choir - 20thC
27. Tua Bethlem dref (Arthur/Ifan): Cardiff Polyphonic Choir - 20thC
Total duration: 77.34
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here