Euskal Antiqva: Legacy of the Land of Basque
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Alia Vox
Cat No: AV9910
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 29th June 2015
The programme offered by Enrike Solinís and his ensemble brings together all the key elements Alia Vox aim to make a hallmark of this new Diversa collection: the discovery of neglected early Basque music - performed with respect for the historical practices and traditions of the Renaissance and the Baroque periods.
Thanks to the talent and sensitivity of the singers and musicians of Euskal Barrokensemble directed by Enrike Solinís, we can marvel at these musical gems that are full of vitality and emotion and which distil the essence of the musical culture of the ancient Basque Country.
'Since its foundation in 1997, Alia Vox has been distinguished by a catalogue consisting exclusively of record releases produced and performed by us: that is to say, by Montserrat Figueras, Hespèrion XXI, La Capella Reial de Catalunya, Le Concert des Nations, Arianna Savall, Ferran Savall and myself. 18 years and more than 100 CDs later, we are delighted to announce a new collection - Alia Vox Diversa. It will feature recordings not previously released by talented musicians and ensembles who have been chosen and selected for their musical interest and merit, the importance of their repertoire and originality of programming. This launch marks a major departure, allowing us to discover on a regular basis original and hitherto unrecorded proposals from musicians who have worked with us on numerous projects over a long period and who have innovative and interesting programmes of their own to offer which are characterised by rigorous performances steeped in emotion and creativity.' - Jordi Savall
1. Kontrapas - Bernart Etxepare/Herrikoia
2. Perutxoren Kantua - Gaspar Gómez (1536)/Traditional
3. Sibilaren Profezia - Joanes Etxeberri (s.XVI)/Chant liturgique
4. Aragueako Petrika - Herrikoia
5. Janzu Janto - Cancionero de Palacio (c.1500)
6. Zure begiok nekusenean - Joan Pérez de Lazarraga (1567)
7. Ürrütiko Kantorea - Traditional
8. Urruska Fandangoa - Traditional
9. Izan nüzü Prantzian - Traditional
10. Con amores, la mi madre - Johannes de Antxieta
11. Cantar de Urrejola - J P de Lazarraga/Traditional
12. Gaiza Zenduan Lenizanok - Traditional/Anonymous
13. Ternuako porrue - Traditional
14. Acuerdo de Judimendi - Jewish Liturgical Song
15. Ave Sanctissima Maria - Johannes de Antxieta
16. Koumis-Ezpatadantza - Traditional/Tabassian
17. Hamar Manamenduiak - Bernard Etxepare/Luis Alberto de Gómez
18. Salve Regina - Gonzalo Martínez de Bizkargi
19. Sonata en Re - Mateo Pérez de Albéniz
20. Dianea - Mss Joan Pérez de Lazarraga
21. Barri Onak Dakart - Mss Joan Pérez de Lazarraga/F de Salinas
22. Bralea - Traditional
23. Argizagi ederra - Traditional
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here