Sugarloaf Mountain: An Appalachian Gathering
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: AV2329
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 22nd June 2015
On 'Sugarloaf Mountain: An Appalachian Gathering', Apollo's Fire explores the rich repertoire of renaissance English and Scottish ballads that crossed the Atlantic and evolved to express a new world, an Americana life of joys and sorrows, love and loss, dancing and prayer.
An award-winning programme created by Apollo's Fire's director Jeannette Sorrell, 'Sugarloaf Mountain' follows the joys and sorrows of Celtic immigrants who settled in Appalachia. Sparkling fiddle tunes and haunting ballads of the British Isles crossed the Atlantic during the 17th, 18th and early 19th centuries and took root in the hills of Virginia. They mingled with American shape-note hymns and African spirituals, creating the soulful music known as 'Appalachian'.
Passing through love and loss, dancing and prayer, the music overflows in celebration as the people of the mountains raise their communal voices.
1. The Mountains Of Rhùm
2. Farewell To Ireland - Highlander’s Farewell
3. We’ll Rant & We’ll Roar (Farewell To The Isles)
4. The Cruel Sister
5. Se Fath Mo Buart Ha (The Cause Of All My Sorrow) - The Butterfly - Barney Brallaghan
6. Nottamun Town (Roud #1044)
7. Black Is The Color Of My True Love’s Hair (Roud #3103)
8. I Wonder As I Wander - The Gravel Walk - Over The Isles To America
9. The Fox Went Out On A Chilly Night
10. Oh Susanna! - Pretty Peg - Far From Home
11. Once I Had A Sweetheart - Wayfaring Stranger
12. Pretty Betty Martin - Katy Did - Red Rockin Chair
13. Just Before The Battle, Mother - Go March Along
14. Glory In The Meeting House
15. Oh Mary, Don’t You Weep
16. Sugarloaf Mountain
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here