Hor, Kristenhait! (Sacred Songs by the Last of the Minnesingers)
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: CHR77395
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 15th June 2015
The greatest German poets of song lyrics during the late Middle Ages, the Monk of Salzburg and Oswald von Wolkenstein, as the 'last of the Minnesingers', are not only representatives of the flowering of the secular poetry and music of their time - they were also important composers of sacred music in the German language, an aspect that has hardly received attention so far.
This recording, 'Hör, kristenhait!', by the Ensemble Leones, presents this profoundly devout side of both musicians in which they employ their entire poetic and compositional energy: the Monk of Salzburg, with his own German texts sung to Gregorian melodies, and Oswald von Wolkenstein with his new and splendid tunes. The song-speech poet Michel Beheim also makes his voice heard with the invocation to the Holy Spirit that opens the programme. The CD is completed by instrumental adaptations of sacred works by composers of this epoch.
The highly experienced singers Sabine Lutzenberger and Raitis Grigalis stand by the side of the ensemble director Marc Lewon, who accompanies them with Baptiste Romain on various instruments of the period.
- Michel BEHEIM (c 1420-1472/9): Vom heiling geist / Heiliger geist, rat und volleist Kurze Weise, Beh 29; M291
- WOLKENSTEIN (c 1376-1445): Keuschlich geboren Kl 38; WolkB
- ANONYMOUS: Pulcherrima de virgine (instr.) Bux 228
- Der Mönch von Salzburg (late 14th c.): Von anegeng der sunne kchlar (instr.) G 21, W4494
- WOLKENSTEIN: Hör, kristenhait! Kl 4; WolkB
- Der Mönch von Salzburg: Heyligs kreucz ein paum gar aine G 25; M715
- WOLKENSTEIN: Mich tröst ain adeliche mait Kl 78; WolkA & B
- ANONYMOUS: Indescort (instr.) Faenza, Nr.14
- Der Mönch von Salzburg: O Maria pya G 9; Kolmar & Donaueschingen
- Richard LOQUEVILLE (?-1418): O regina clementissima (instr.) MuEm, Nr.28
- WOLKENSTEIN: In Suria ain braiten hal Kl35; WolkB
- Fridolin SICHER (1490-1546): Resonet in laudibus (instr.) SG530, Nr.23
- Der Mönch von Salzburg: Maria ward ein pot gesanndt G46, Egh 3
- ANONYMOUS: Virginem mire pulchritudinis (instr.) Bux75
- Der Mönch von Salzburg: Das guldein vingerlein des münchs / Mein trost Maria raine mait G11; Mondsee
- ANONYMOUS: Maria tusolacium (instr.) Bux 74
- WOLKENSTEIN: Ave, mater, o Maria Kl109a; WolkB & BU
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here