Cole Porter - Anything Goes! (His 55 finest 1927-61)
Currently out of stock at the UK suppliers. Available to order, but is likely to take longer than usual to despatch
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: RTS4257
Number of Discs: 2
Release Date: 3rd November 2014
To mark the 50th anniversary of his death, the very best of Cole Porter (1891-1964) is distilled onto a double CD.
Among the top handful of all-time-great songwriters, only Irving Berlin shared Porter's ability to act as his own lyricist, and what brilliantly sophisticated lyrics they were! From the late 20s onwards, his creations led to a whole succession of outstanding successes, both in stage and film musicals.
'Anything Goes!' presents what are arguably his 56 most illustrious compositions, on two very well-filled CD.
The roster of artists is phenomenal, mostly chosen from recordings contemporary to a songís first appearance. Cole Porter himself is featured both singing and playing the piano on 'Anything Goes' and 'You're The Top' from the hit musical Anything Goes (which also produced Ethel Mermanís show-stopping 'I Get A Kick Out Of You').
CD 1 (1925-1937)
1. Iím In Love Again - The Revelers
2. Letís Do It, Letís Fall In Love - Bing Crosby
3. You Do Something To Me - Leo Wiley
4. What Is This Thing Called Love? - Leo Reisman
5. Looking At You - Hutch
6. Love For Sale - Libby Holman
7. Letís Fly Away - Leo Wiley
8. Night And Day - Fred Astaire
9. How Could We Be Wrong? - Al Bowlly
10. The Physician - Gertrude Lawrence
11. Miss Otis Regrets - Douglas Byng
12. I Get A Kick Out Of You - Ethel Merman
13. All Through The Night - Bing Crosby
14. Youíre The Top Ė Cole Porter
15. Anything Goes Ė Cole Porter
16. Blow, Gabriel, Blow - Ethel Merman
17. Why Shouldnít I? - Frank Sinatra
18. Begin The Beguine - Artie Shaw
19. Just One Of Those Things - Richard Himber
20. Rap Tap On Wood Ė Frances Langford
21. Easy To Love Ė Frances Langford
22. Iíve Got You Under My Skin - Frances Langford
23. Itís De-Lovely - Eddy Duchin
24. Ridiní High - Ethel Merman
25. Rosalie - Artie Shaw
26. In The Still Of The Night - Tommy Dorsey
CD 2 (1938-1956)
1. At Long Last Love - Larry Clinton
2. Get Out Of Town - Eddy Duchin
3. My Heart Belongs To Daddy - Mary Martin
4. Do I Love You, Do I? - Hutch
5. Friendship - Judy Garland & Johnny Mercer
6. Iíve Got My Eyes On You - Dinah Shore
7. I Concentrate On You Ė Fred Astaire
8. Since I Kissed My Baby Goodbye - Fred Astaire
9. So Near And Yet So Far - Fred Astaire
10. Evírything I Love - Peggy Lee
11. Letís Not Talk About Love - Danny Kaye
12. Youíd Be So Nice To Come Home To - Dinah Shore
13. I Love You - Jo Stafford
14. Donít Fence Me In - Bing Crosby & The Andrews Sisters
15. Evíry Time We Say Goodbye - Ella Fitzgerald
16. Wunderbar - Gordon Macrae & Jo Stafford
17. So In Love - Patricia Morison
18. Always True To You In My Fashion - Peggy Lee
19. Brush Up Your Shakespeare - Harry Clark & Jack Diamond
20. From This Moment On - Lena Horne
21. Itís All Right With Me - Peter Cookson
22. Cíest Magnifique - Irene Hilda & Edmund Hockridge
23. I Love Paris - Frank Sinatra & Maurice Chevalier
24. All Of You - Ella Fitzgerald
25. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? - Frank Sinatra & Celeste Holm
26. True Love - Bing Crosby & Grace Kelly
27. Well, Did You Evah? - Bing Crosby & Frank Sinatra
28. Now You Has Jazz - Bing Crosby & Louis Armstrong
29. I Love You, Samantha - Kenny Ball
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here