Keep the Home Fires Burning: Songs from the First World War
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Gift of Music
Cat No: CCLCDG1276
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 3rd March 2014
Humour, irony and superb musicianship abound in these lovingly restored recordings from a century ago. Iconic artists such as John McCormac and Al Jolson keep the home fires burning in both England and the United States. Many of the songs have been made well-known to this day and in these restored originals they can speak to us again as they must've done 100 years ago.
1. It's a long way to tipperary
2. Belgium put the kibosh on the Kaiser
3. Susie's sewing shirts for soldiers
4. Keep the home fires burning ('till the boys come home)
5. I didn't raise my boy to be a soldier
6. Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag
7. When alexander takes his ragtime band to france
8. Send me away with a smile
9. America answers the call
10. A baby's prayer at twilight (for her daddy over there)
11. The starspangled banner
12. Oh! It's a lovely war
13. "Hello central, give me no man's land"
14. "Goodbye broadway, hello france"
15. K-k-k-katy (stammering song)
16. How 'ya gonna keep ‘em down on the farm?
17. "Au revoir, but not good bye soldier boy"
18. Tell that to the marines
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here