The Very Best of Paul Robeson
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: ALC1256
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 3rd February 2014
1. Ol’ Man River (Showboat) (Kern/Hammerstein II) /1928)
2. Canoe Song (Sanders of the River) (Spoliansky/Wimperis) (1935)
3. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (Trad arr.Brown) (1933)
4. Some Enchanted Evening (South Pacific) (Rodgers/Hammerstein II) (1960)
5. All God’s Chillun Got Wings (Trad arr.Johnson) (1931)
6. Skye Boat Song (McLeoBoulton arr.Lawson) (1960)
7. The Riddle Song (arr.Love) (1960)
8. I’ll Walk Beside You (Lockton/Murray) (1960)
9. Shortnin’ Bread (Wolfe/Wood) (1933)
10. Lazybones (Carmichael/Mercer) (1933)
11. All Through the Night (Trad arr.Somervell) (1937)
12. Land of My Fathers (Trad arr.Love) (1960)
13. River Stay Away from My Door (Dixon/Woods) (1931)
14. When it’s Sleepy Time Down South (Rene/Muse) (1931)
15. Just a'Wearyin' for You (Stanton/Jacobs/Bond) (1960)
16. Down de Lovers' Lane (arr.Love) (1960)
17. Duet: I Still Suits Me (Showboat) (Kern/Hammerstein II) (1936)
18. Lonesome Road (Shilkret/Austin) (1929)
19. Rockin’ Chair (Carmichael) (1931)
20. It Ain’t Necessarily So (G&I Gershwin) (1938)
21. Old Folks at Home - “Swanee River” (Foster) (1934)
22. Song of the Volga Boatmen (Trad) (1938)
23. Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho (Trad) (1936)
24. Shenandoah (Trad arr.Henry) (1936)
25. Mighty Lak’ a Rose (Nevin/Stanton) (1929)
26. Water Boy (Trad arr.Robinson) (e/1933)
27. Joe Hill (Robinson/Hayes) (1942)
28. Ma Curly-Headed Baby (Clutsam) (1960)
29. Deep River (Trad arr.Burleigh) with uncredited orchestra (1940)
“he opened his mouth and let out that tremendous resonant voice of his to the last stop, and Ol’ Man River echoed from the far hills around us. His voice filled the universe and we were carried with it to glorious heights” - Crosby Gaige
AAD/ADD (some stereo)
Total time 79:31
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here