Classical Wellness: Musical Tonics for Mind, Body and Spirit
save £3.32 (25%)
special offer ending 14/06/2018
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: DE3464
Number of Discs: 3
Release Date: 25th November 2013
A winning assortment of time-tested and drug‐free musical remedies for a wide variety of common ailments Ö ranging from mental and physical lethargy through a bad case of the blues to that up‐tight, jittery feeling (among many other maladies). Itís good for what ails you!
Ever since psychologist Amelia Haygood founded Delos in 1973, the company has been inspired by the concept of great music as therapy. As a reminder of that insightful founding principle, we offer - in Delosí 40th Anniversary year - a set of three carefully compiled 'Wellness' CDs, each of which is expertly formulated to alleviate different afflictions of the body, mind and spirit! These are: Laugh with Classical Music, Classical Caffeine and Classical Chamomile.
All musical selections have been chosen for both their proven 'medicinal' benefits and the outstanding artistry and technical quality of their performances.
1. Souvenir d'Amerique on Yankee Doodle, Op.17
2. Tale of Tsar Saltan, Op.57: Flight of the Bumble - bee (arr. W. Mnatsakanov for flute and orchestra)
3. The Green - Eyed Dragon
4. Ballet Suite No.1: VI. Galop (The Limpid Stream) (arr. L. Atovmyan for orchestra)
5. The Golden Age Suite, Op.22a: III. Polka
6. There was an old man in a tree
7. There was an old person of Cassel
8. Ballet Suite No.3: III. Dance (The Limpid Stream) (arr. L. Atovmyan for orchestra)
9. More Nonsense Rhymes and Pictures, Op.43: There was an old man of Dumbree
10. Ballet Suite No.1: V. Waltz - Joke (The Bolt) (arr. L. Atovmyan for orchestra)
11. More Nonsense Rhymes and Pictures, Op.43: The was an old person of Jodd
12. Masquerade Suite: V. Galop
13. Petit quatuor: III. Serenade comique
14. There was an old lady of France
15. The young lady of Parma
1. Carmen Suite: VIII. Bolero 00:01:19
2. Symphony No.1 in D Major, Op.25, "Classical": IV. Finale: Molto vivace
3. Scaramouche, Op.165b: III. Brasileira (arr. J. Heifetz for violin and piano)
4. The Gadfly Suite, Op.97a: III. Folk Festival (Spanish Dance)
5. Trumpet Concerto in E Major, WoO 1, S49: III. Rondo
6. Komedianti (The Comedians), Op.26: II. Galop: Presto
7. Brandenburg Concerto No.2 in F Major, BWV 1047: III. Allegro assai
8. Masquerade Suite: III. Mazurka
9. Tapestry (arr. E. Stetsyuk for chamber ensemble)
10. Overture (Suite) No.3 in D Major, BWV 1068: III. Gavotte I - II (arr. T. do Amaral for guitar quartet)
11. Water Music: Suite No.3 in G Major, HWV 350: IV. Gigue I - II
12. Fra Holbergs tid (From Holberg's Time), Op.40: I. Prelude (version for orchestra)
13. Eugene Onegin, Op.24, Act III: Polonaise
14. Pictures from Bashu: Evening Dance at Aba (arr. Y. - W. Jiang for chamber ensemble)
15. Brandenburg Concerto No.6 in B - Flat Major, BWV 1051: III. Allegro (arr. James F. Smith for guitar quartet)
16. Irish Jig (arr. P. Bensusan for guitar)
17. Sonata in D Major: IV. Vivace (Burrico de pau) (arr. for guitar quartet)
18. Petite Suite: IV. Ballet
19. Cello Sonata in E Major: V. Gigue: Allegro vivo
20. Les fetes d'Hebe: Tambourin (arr. for domra, gusli, bass balalaika)
21. Septet in E - Flat Major, Op.20: V. Scherzo: Allegro molto e vivace
22. Symphony No.41 in C Major, K. 551, "Jupiter": IV. Molto Allegro
1. Divertimento in D Major, K. 136, "Salzburg Symphony No.1": II. Andante
2. The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in F Minor, Op.8, No.4, RV 297, "L'inverno" (Winter): II. Largo
3. Was mir behagt, ist nur die muntre Jagd!, BWV 208, "Hunt Cantata": Aria: Schafe konnen sicher weiden (Sheep May Safely Graze) (arr. L. Stokowski for orchestra)
4. Overture (Suite) No.3 in D Major, BWV 1068: II. Air, "Air on a G String" (arr. A. Parisot for chamber ensemble)
5. Divertimento in F Major, K. 138, "Salzburg Symphony No.3": II. Andante
6. Klid (Silent Woods), Op.68, No.5, B. 182
7. 4 Bagatelles, Op.30: No.1
8. Carnival of the Animals: XIII. Le Cygne (The Swan) (arr. for cello and orchestra)
9. Suite bergamasque: III. Clair de lune
10. 4 Gesange, Op.43: No.2. Die Mainacht (arr. cello and piano)
11. 3 Intermezzos, Op.117: No.1 in E - Flat Major
12. 4 Lieder, Op.96: No.2. Wir wandelten, wir zwei zusammen (arr. for flute and harp)
13. 4 Gesange, Op.70: No.2. Lerchengesang (arr. for flute and harp)
14. Ma mere l'oye (Mother Goose): I. Pavane de la Belle au bois dormant (arr. for guitar)
15. Preludes, Book 1: No.8: La fille aux cheveux de lin (arr. for guitar)
17. Page d'album, "Piece pour le Vetement du blesse" (arr. for guitar)
18. Preludes, Book 2: No.5. Bruyeres
Total Playing Time: 02:42:44
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here