Thomas - Hamlet
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Australian Eloquence
Cat No: ELQ4826455
Number of Discs: 3
Release Date: 11th November 2016
Arwel Huw Morgan
Chorus of the Welsh National Opera
Welsh National Opera Orchestra
‘In the title role, Milnes is simply superb … I can't think of a better performance of his on disc! Sutherland, despite an occasional unsteady moment, continues to astound […] she negotiates the coloratura with customary aplomb and is most affecting in the more lyric passages.’ - Fanfare, September/October 1984
‘this colourful, lovingly prepared recording … the agility of [Sutherland’s] voice [in the Mad Scene] is just as phenomenal with the sequence of high Bs effortlessly clean of attack … The drinking song is splendid … The recording, made in London’s Kingsway Hall, is rich, immediate and atmospheric’ - Gramophone, July 1984
- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark: Sherrill Milnes
- Ophélie, daughter of Polonius: Joan Sutherland
- Claudius, King of Denmark: James Morris
- Gertrude, Queen of Denmark, Hamlet’s mother: Barbara Conrad
- Laërte, son of Polonius: Gösta Winbergh
- Marcellus, an officer: Keith Lewis
- Horatio, friend of Hamlet: Philip Gelling
- Ghost of the dead King, Hamlet’s father: John Tomlinson
- Polonius, Lord Chamberlain: Arwel Huw Morgan
- First Gravedigger: Peyo Garazzi
- Second Gravedigger: Joseph Rouleau
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here