Linn Super Audio Collection Vol.9
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: AKP553
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 22nd July 2016
The collection opens with Dunedin Consort performing Bach from the album Magnificat & Christmas Cantata, a recording that received a wealth of five star reviews and accolades. Stepping into the soloist spotlight are Classic FM favourite Katherine Bryan, Palladian Ensemble alumni Pamela Thorby and Ingrid Fliter, who gives a sparkling performance of Mendelssohn’s Piano Concerto.
Vocal highlights include soprano Elizabeth Watts’ characterful Mozart - a BBC Music Magazine ‘Recording of the Month’ - and a G&S classic from HMS Pinafore, wittily sung by Andrew Foster-Williams. Robin Ticciati and the Scottish Chamber Orchestra give fresh impetus to Haydn’s popular ‘Clock’ Symphony, whilst Scottish Ensemble presents a brand new arrangement of Debussy’s String Quartet in G.
The collection closes with a trio of songs from Linn’s transatlantic jazz roster: Barb Jungr and Laurence Hobgood breathe fresh lift into a modern standard, Liane Carroll’s Seaside, named ‘Best New CD’ at the British Jazz Awards, yields music with a seashore theme, whilst the swinging pairing of Claire Martin and Ray Gelato serve up some of the most sumptuous morsels in the Great American Songbook.
1. J.S. Bach: Cantata, BWV 63 – Chorus: Christen, ätzet diesen Tag
- Dunedin Consort
2. Shostakovich: Romance from The Gadfly Suite, op.97a
- Katherine Bryan, RSNO, Jac van Steen
3. Debussy: String Quartet in G minor, Op. 10 – II. Assez vif et bien rythmé (arr. Jonathan Morton)
- Scottish Ensemble
4. Mendelssohn: Piano Concerto No. 1 in G minor, Op. 25 – II. Andante
- Ingrid Fliter, Scottish Chamber Orchestra, Antonio Méndez
5. Haydn: Symphony No. 101 in D major, Hob. I:101, ‘The Clock’ – II. Andante
- Robin Ticciati & Scottish Chamber Orchestra
6. Telemann: Fantasia No. 3 in B minor, TWV 40:4 (transposed to D minor): Largo – Vivace – Largo – Vivace
- Pamela Thorby
7. Mozart: Idomeneo – Quanti mi siete intorno – Padre, germani, addio!
- Elizabeth Watts, Scottish Chamber Orchestra, Christian Baldini
8. Josquin des Prez: Miserere mei, Deus (excerpt)
9. J.S. Bach: Concerto for violin and oboe in C minor, BWV 1060R – II. Adagio
- Cecilia Bernardini, Alfredo Bernardini, Dunedin Consort
10. Gilbert & Sullivan: HMS Pinafore – My gallant crew, good morning
- Andrew Foster-Williams, Scottish Opera, Richard Egarr
11. Xenakis: Rebonds B.
12. Sondheim & Bernstein: Something’s Coming
- Barb Jungr & Laurence Hobgood
13. Tiomkin & Washington: Wild Is The Wind
- Liane Carroll
14. Van Heusen & Cahn: Come Dance With Me
- Claire Martin & Ray Gelato
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here