Yehudi Menuhin: The Violin of the Century (DVD)
save £4.84 (30%)
special offer ending 07/01/2021
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: 2427389
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 13th May 2016
Re-released in 2016 on the occasion of Yehudi Menuhin’s centenary, this film is devoted to the artistic heritage of a personality who ranked among the most extraordinary musicians of his time, even as a child. Menuhin was not a mere musician: he was a cosmopolitan, a peacemaker and a true humanist. French filmmaker Bruno Monsaingeon, who filmed this great retrospective, describes his work with Menuhin as follows: “He threw himself into it whole-heartedly, with great sense of humour and overwhelming humanity. This film also shows my heartfelt gratitude for a man who gave such decisive sense to my own existence.”
• A grand retrospective by Bruno Monsaingeon, one of the most renowned music documentary filmmakers of our time:
• A life in pictures: award-winning documentary in memory of Yehudi Menuhin, produced in 1995.
• Richly endowed with a wealth of photographic and audio-visual archive material.
• Yehudi Menuhin’s extraordinary career since its very beginnings in his early childhood years, told in his own words.
3. The child prodigy
4. An incomparable career
7. A wandering violin
8. The ear that feels the sound
9. Epilogue: From Yehudi Menuhin to Lord Menuhin
10. End credits
Written and directed by Bruno Monsaingeon
Executive producer: Pierre-Olivier Bardet
Production: Hélène Le Cœur
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here