Fingergull: In Festo Susceptionis Sanguinis Domini
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: 2L114
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 11th December 2015
ArtistsSchola Sanctae Sunnivae
ArtistsSchola Sanctae Sunnivae
'Blóð várs herra Jesv Christi kom til Niðar ós' ('The blood of our Lord Jesus Christ came to Nidaros') - with these words the Icelandic Annales regii for 1165 record the arrival of a drop of Christ’s blood in Nidaros, today’s Trondheim, in Norway, and, if the information is correct, then it was in fact one of the first places to receive such a prominent relic.
The chant cycle for the Susceptio sanguinis feast, called today the 'Holy Blood office', has survived in just one manuscript. It consists of ten parchment folios, and is all that remains of a book with chants for the Divine office. This antiphonary was written between 1250 and 1275, probably for Nidaros cathedral.
Schola Sanctae Sunnivae and conductor Anne Kleivset have worked on this material for many years, and they give here the first complete recording of the 'Holy Blood office'.
Ad primas vesperas
1. Super precipuos (Antiphon)
2. Ecce advenit dominator Deus (Antiphon)
3. Salus aeterna nobis (Antiphon)
4. Christus Deus noster (Antiphon)
5. Exultemus in Domino (Antiphon)
6. Jesu bone (Responsorium)
7. Salve lux mundi (Hymnus)
8. Ave pater gloriosae (Antiphon und Magnificat)
9. Filie Sion venite (Antiphon ad invitatorium)
10. Christe redemptor omnium (Hymnus)
In primo nocturno
11. Auctor salutis omnium (Antiphon)
12. Beata vere civitas (Antiphon)
13. Clementissime Domine (Antiphon)
14. Dignus es, Domine (Responsorium)
15. O vere digna hostia (Responsorium)
16. Domine Jesu Christe (Responsorium)
In secundo nocturno
17. Domine rex omnipotens (Antiphon)
18. Gregem tuum Domine (Antiphon)
19. Da, benignissime Deus (Antiphon)
20. Verbum patris aeterni (Responsorium)
21. Primogenito patris (Responsorium)
22. Completis scriptis (Responsorium)
In tertio nocturno
23. Gratia Dei per Jesum Christum (Antiphon)
24. Domine fons misericordiae (Antiphon)
25. Ave regum rex et Domine (Antiphon)
26. Sanguis tuus Domine (Responsorium)
27. Gratia dominica (Responsorium)
28. Summa laus (Responsorium)
29. Crux benedicta nitet, Dominus (Antiphon)
30. Salvator mundi, salva nos (Antiphon)
31. Orabat Christus in caelum (Antiphon)
32. Redemisti nos, Deus (Antiphon)
33. Ecce de quo Johannes dicit (Antiphon)
34. Magne Deus potentiae (Hymnus)
35. Laetentur omnes populi (Antiphon und Benedictus)
Ad secundas vesperas
36. Rex seculorum
This product has now been deleted. Information is for reference only.
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here