Golden Age of Light Music: 100 Greatest American Light Orchestras Vol.2
save £1.34 (15%)
special offer ending 30/03/2020
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Guild - Light Music
Cat No: GLCD5231
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 20th November 2015
Guild’s tribute to the Greatest American Light Orchestras continues with another selection of well-known names leavened with some of the equally good but less familiar ones. Thus, among the 25 orchestras featured here, we find Xavier Cugat and Leroy Anderson rubbing shoulders with Walter Scharf and Frank Hunter.
The music is equally varied, ranging from Percy Faith’s amazing virtuoso performance of La Cucaracha to the New York Philhamonic Pops playing Skitch Henderson’s majestic arrangement of Charles Trenet’s La Mer.
1. La Cucaracha (The Mexican Cockroach Song): Traditional, arr. Percy Faith - Percy Faith & his Orchestra
2. The Milkman Cometh: Harry Revel - Hugo Perretti & his Orchestra
3. The Girl That I Marry: Irving Berlin - Glenn Osser & his Orchestra
4. We Kiss In A Shadow (from “The King And I”): Richard Rodgers, arr. Richard Jones - The Pittsburgh Strings conducted by Richard Jones
5. In Old Madrid: George Siravo - George Siravo & his Orchestra
6. The Carioca (from “Flying Down To Rio”): Vincent Youmans - Xavier Cugat & his Orchestra
7. Polly Wolly Doodle: Traditional arr. Glykson - George Tzipine & his Salon Orchestra
8. American Caprice: Morton Gould - Meredith Willson & his Orchestra
9. Gay: Richard Shores - Richard Shores & his Orchestra
10. Easy Street: Alan Rankin Jones - Felix Slatkin & his Orchestra
11. La Mer: Charles Trenet - New York Philharmonic Pops conducted by Skip Martin
12. Always The Sea: Jerry Bock - Acquaviva & his Orchestra
13. Laramie: Cyril J Mockridge - Al Caiola & his Orchestra
14. Katsumi Love Theme: Franz Waxman - Frank Hunter & his Orchestra
15. For All We Know: John Frederick Coots - Pete King & his Orchestra
16. Carmela: Ernesto de Curtis - Richard Maltby & his Orchestra
17. Patricia: Walter Scharf - Walter Scharf & his Orchestra
18. Sweet And Lovely: Gus Arnheim, Charles Daniels, Harry Tobias - Ralph Marterie & his Orchestra
19. Embraceable You: George Gershwin - Mitchell Ayres & his Orchestra
20. Pigalle: Georges Ulmer, arr. Hal Mooney - Hal Mooney & his Orchestra
21. Any Time (You’re Feeling Lonely): Herbert Happy Lawson - Ralph Carmichael & his Orchestra
22. Three Galleons (Les Tres Carabelas): Augusto Algueró - Leroy Holmes & his Orchestra
23. Double Gaited: George Cates, Dave Coleman - George Cates & his Orchestra
24. Green Up Time (from “Love Life”): Kurt Weill - The Warner Brothers Orchestra conducted by Maurice Levine
25. Serenata: Leroy Anderson - Leroy Anderson & his Concert Orchestra
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here