Teatro alla Scala: The Golden Years Vol.2
save £4.31 (20%)
special offer ending 28/07/2020
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: 37729
Format: DVD - NTSC
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 25th September 2015
Milan’s La Scala theatre, as told by the protagonists of its golden years.
Enzo Biagi was one of Italy’s most famous and beloved journalists. His fondness of the prestigious Milanese venue led to the programmes we are now presenting on DVD, made in 1981/82. Documenting the La Scala productions of those years, Biagi entered the theatre during the rehearsals and interviewed the protagonists (conductors, singers and directors), not only the figures of those days but also the great stars of the past.
The series was originally produced on 16 mm film, and is now restored and offered to the public at large by Dynamic.
Enzo Biagi interviews:
- Luciana Savginano
- Riccardo Muti
- Giorgio Strehler
- Renata Tebaldi
- Giulietta Simionato
- Antonino Votto
- Unpublished, never-seen-before footage of Enzo Biagi’s interviews, now restored and presented on DVD.
- La Scala’s Ballet School: Enzo Biagi meets one of the great stars of La Scala’s ballet dancing, Luciana Savginano.
- Maestro Riccardo Muti and Giorgio Strehler are interviewed during the rehearsals of La Scala’s 1982 production of 'The Marriage of Figaro' and tell us about the relationship between conductor and director.
- Renata Tebaldi’s 'angel voice': her debut, her audition with Toscanini, her relationship with Maria Callas and the rivalry between these two great sopranos of last century.
- The 'Amici del Loggione', an association of opera lovers formed in 1973, animatedly discuss singers, directors and conductors.
- Finally, a talk with Giulietta Simionato: her debut, her memories of Maestro Arturo Toscanini and of Maria Callas.
Video Format/ Aspect ratio: NTSC – 16/9
Audio Format: Linear PCM 2.0
Subtitles: Ita, Eng, Fre, Ger, Jap
Region code: 0 – All regions
Recorded at: Teatro alla Scala, Milan, Italy
Recording date: 1981/82
Duration: 80 mins
Notes: English, Italian
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here