Golden Age of Light Music: 100 Greatest American Light Orchestras Vol.1
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Guild - Light Music
Cat No: GLCD5230
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 7th August 2015
This, the first of four CDs, presents 25 of them and is a tantalising mixture of well-known names plus some less familiar ones.
1. Wunderbar (from "Kiss Me Kate"): Cole Porter - Warren Barker & his Orchestra
2. Cubamba: Monty Kelly - Monty Kelly & his Orchestra
3. Golden Earrings: Jay Livingstone - The Clebanoff Strings and Percussion
4. Ballade De Ballet: Alec Templeton - Alfredo Antonini & his Orchestra
5. Snow Flurries: Mahlon Merrick - Mahlon Merrick & his Orchestra
6. The Lost Weekend (Theme from the film): Miklos Rozsa - Al (Alfred) Goodman & his Orchestra
7. Dancing In The Dark: Arthur Schwartz - Al (Albert) Sack Concert Orchestra
8. In An 18th Century Drawing Room: Raymond Scott - John Scott Trotter & his Orchestra
9. Park Concert (from "New York, New York"): Harry Geller - Harry Geller & his Orchestra
10. Clean Sweep: Milton Rettenberg - Charles Dorian & his Orchestra
11. Moonlight On The Ganges: Sherman Myers - Axel Stordahl & his Orchestra
12. Latin Rhythm: Victor Young - Victor Young & his Orchestra
13. The Anniversary Song (Waves Of The Danube): Iosif Ivanovici adapted Saul Chaplin - Paul Weston & his Orchestra
14. Tally Ho: Otto Cesana - Alfonso D’Artega & his Orchestra
15. Sukiyaki: Hachidai Nakamura - Billy Vaughn & his Orchestra
16. Tom and Jerry: Norman Spencer, Earl Hagen - The Spencer-Hagen Orchestra
17. Let’s Fall In Love: Harold Arlen - Nelson Riddle & his Orchestra
18. Rhapsody For Jayne: Bernie Wayne - Bernie Wayne & his Orchestra
19. Fleurette: Victor Herbert - Rochester Pops Orchestra conducted by Morton Gould
20. Push De Button (from "Jamaica"): Harold Arlen - David Rose & his Orchestra
21. A Catchy Tune: Sidney Lippman - Jack Pleis & his Orchestra
22. Sway (Quien Sera): Pablo Beltran Ruiz - Les Baxter & his Orchestra
23. Hawaiian Paradise: Harry Owens - Gordon Jenkins & his Orchestra
24. Yodel On The String: G Robinson - George Liberace & his Orchestra
25. Carromata: Frank Perkins - Frank Perkins & his “Pops” Orchestra
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here