Benedicta: Marian Chant from Norcia
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Deutsche Grammophon - Archiv
Cat No: 4811733
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 1st June 2015
ArtistsMonks of Norcia
ArtistsMonks of Norcia
The Monks of Norcia team up with 11-time Grammy Award-winning producer Christopher Alder and Grammy Award-winning sound engineer Jonathan Stokes to release 'Benedicta: Marian Chant from Norcia', an album of stunning Gregorian chant that transports the listener to the Monks’ idyllic monastery in Italy.
Their debut album on De Montfort Music/Decca/UMC, Benedicta consists of 33 tracks of Marian chant, including the well-known 'Regina Caeli' and 'Ave Regina Caelorum' as well as original and previously unreleased songs.
The Benedictine Monks of Norcia (Italian: Monastero di San Benedetto di Norcia) are a monastic community located in Norcia (formerly Nursia), Italy, in the extreme southeast tip of Umbria beneath the slopes of the Sibylline Mountains. The current monastery is physically located above the 5th century ruins of the house of St Benedict and his twin sister St Scholastica, and has been the location of monastic communities since the tenth century AD.
The current Benedictine community was founded in Rome on September 3, 1998, by several men from the United States, including the current prior who, before founding the community, was in the world-renowned music program for voice at Indiana University. They were charged by Rome to care for the Basilica of San Benedetto (built over the birthplace of St Benedict and St Scholastica) and for the many visiting pilgrims.
The monks chant several times per day and pray in monastic silence. They have gained a following worldwide, particularly in Italy and the United States, through their brewery, which produces their original brew called Birra Nursia.
1. Bells From The Basilica (Instrumental)
2. Ave Maria…Virgo Serena (Sequence)
3. Dominus Possedit Me (Capitulum)
4. Nihil Inquinatum (Responsory)
5. Ait Dominus (Antiphon)
6. Beatissimae (Responsory)
7. Regali Ex Progenie (Antiphon)
8. Solem Justitiae (Responsory)
9. Ecce Virgo Concipiet (Capitulum)
10. Gaude Maria (Responsory)
11. Gabriel Angelus (Antiphon)
12. Sancta Et Immaculata (Responsory)
13. Rubum Quem Viderat (Antiphon)
14. Alma Redemptoris Mater (Antiphon)
15. Tuam Ipsius Animam (Antiphon)
16. Cui Comparabo Te? (Capitulum)
17. Vadis Propitiator (Responsory)
18. Ave Regina Caelorum (Antiphon)
19. Laetare Virgo Mater (Antiphon)
20. Regina Caeli (Antiphon)
21. Concordi Laetitia (Hymn)
22. Benedixit Te (Capitulum)
23. Vidi Speciosam (Responsory)
24. Virgo Prudentissima (Antiphon)
25. Virgo Parens Christi (Responsory)
26. Sub Tuum Praesidium (Antiphon)
27. Ab Initio (Capitulum)
28. Ave Maria (Responsory)
29. Gloriosa Domina (Hymn)
30. Ave Maris Stella (Hymn)
31. Nos Qui Christi Iugum (Antiphon)
32. Salve Regina (Antiphon)
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here