Russian Folk Songs (LP)
save £9.49 (20%)
special offer ending 27/02/2019
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: MELLP0036
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 1st June 2015
“Folk song like a fairy tale source of the elixir of life gave the composers strength and inspiration, taught them beauty and craftsmanship, taught them how to love life and man”, Dmitri Kabalevsky wrote.
Today they call Russian folklore a “treasury of song art”, “the people’s soul” and “example of truth and beauty”. Neither art nor the daily life of this country across the ages would be imaginable without folk song.
This record features traditional songs recorded in the 1960s to the 1980s by the best instrumental and choral collectives of the country such as the Twice Decorated with the Order of the Red Banner Academic Alexandrov Ensemble of Song and Dance of the Soviet Army, the State Russian Folk Ensemble Rossiya led by Lyudmila Zykina, the State Academic Pyatnitsky Russian Folk Choir, the Academic Orchestra of Russian Folk Instruments of All-Union Radio and Central Television, the State Siberian Russian Folk Choir, the Russian Concert Orchestra Boyan and others..
1. Kalinka (traditional, arrangement andinstrumentation by B Alexandrov, I Larionov)
2. Along the Street the Blizzard Sweeps(music and words by A Varlamov)
3. Oh You, Wide Steppe (traditional)
4. Pedlars(music traditional, words by N Nekrasov)
5. Dashing Merchant Rode to the Fair (traditional, arrangement by V Rudenko and I Nikitin)
6. Felt Boots (traditional)
1. In the Field There Stood a Little Birch Tree(traditional)
2. In the Wild Steppes beyond Baikal(traditional)
3. Hey you, Porushka-Paranya (traditional)
4. The Rush Was Rustling (traditional, arrangement by A and G Zavolokin)
5. I’ll Go Outside (traditional)
6. Ducks Are Flying (Voronezh Folk Love Song) (traditional)
7. Down Piterskaya Street (traditional)
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here