Music from Tony Palmer’s Prize-Winning Films
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Tony Palmer
Cat No: TPCD186
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 16th February 2015
A compilation of mainly classical (plus some pop) tracks from Tony Palmer’s extensive catalogue of award-winning films at a great price, with performances by Paul McCartney, Maria Callas, Nicola Benedetti, Anne Sofie von Otter, Renée Fleming, Howard Goodall, Valentina Igoshina, Valery Gergiev and many more.
Tony Palmer’s vast filmography of over 100 films ranges from early works with The Beatles, Cream, Rory Gallagher, Jimi Hendrix and Frank Zappa, to the famous portraits with and about Walton, Britten, Stravinsky, Maria Callas, André Previn, John Osborne, Leonard Cohen (‘Bird on a Wire’), Margot Fonteyn and Menuhin, as well as feature films such as ‘Testimony’, starring Ben Kingsley as Shostakovich.
His epic film on Wagner, starring Richard Burton, Laurence Olivier and Vanessa Redgrave, was described by the Los Angeles Times as “one of the most beautiful films ever made”. Among over 45 international prizes for his work are 13 Gold Medals at the New York Film & Television Festival, awards from the Jerusalem, San Francisco, Sao Paolo, Sofia, Cuenca and London Film Festivals, as well as numerous BAFTA (British Academy of Film & Television) Emmy and Grierson nominations and awards.
1. Fairport Convention: Jenny’s Chicken & The Mason’s Apron
2. Henry Purcell: Rondeau (Abdelazar)
3. Dmitri Shostakovich: Waltz No.2 (Jazz Suite No.2)
4. Hector Berlioz: Marguerite’s Aria (The Damnation of Faust)
5. Malcolm Arnold: St Trinian’s Music
6. Richard Wagner: Ride of the Valkyries
7. Frederic Chopin: Waltz No.1 in E flat
8. Leonard Cohen: So Long Marianne
9. Vaughan Williams: The Lark Ascending
10. Mike Oldfield: Music from ‘The Space Movie’
11. Georg Frideric Handel: The Royal Fireworks, Minuet
12. Sergei Rachmaninov: Paganini Rhapsody, Variation 26
13. Giacomo Puccini: Vissi d’arte (Tosca)
14. William Walton: Popular Song (Façade)
15. Johannes Brahms: Academic Festival Overture (extract)
16. Erich Korngold: Marietta’s Lied (Die Tote Stadt)
17. Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky: Pas De Deux (The Nutcracker)
18. Carl Orff: Carmina Burana (extract)
19. Dmitri Shostakovich: Piano Concerto No.2, 2nd movement.
20. Lennon & McCartney: Yesterday
21. Benjamin Britten: Fugue (A Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra)
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here