Golden Age of Light Music: The Composer Conducts Vol.3
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Guild - Light Music
Cat No: GLCD5214
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 3rd March 2014
Annunzio Paolo Mantovani
Frank De Vol
Annunzio Paolo Mantovani
Frank De Vol
Composers are often envied by those who do not possess the necessary talent to be able to produce a musical work that others will enjoy. But a touch of genius can sometimes generate frustration.
Few writers are completely satisfied with the way in which their works are performed by orchestras over which they have little or no control, so it is a bonus for both composer and listener when music is conducted by the original creator. Of course there are instances where arrangers and conductors can occasionally reveal hidden beauty that even the composer did not fully appreciate, but that is another story.
Guild’s first two collections marrying the talents of composer and conductor (GLCD5177 & 5178) were well received, and it is hoped that this third CD will meet with similar approval. Among the top composers conducting their own works are Leroy Anderson, David Rose, Ron Goodwin, Robert Farnon, Eric Coates and Sidney Torch.
1. Mucho Gusto - Percy Faith: Percy Faith and his Orchestra
2. Someday (from 'The Vagabond King') - Rudolf Friml: 101 Strings conducted by Rudolf Friml
3. Clarinet Candy - Leroy Anderson: Leroy Anderson and his Orchestra
4. Aries - Hal Mooney: Hal Mooney and his Orchestra
5. El Caballero - Richard Hayman: Richard Hayman and his Orchestra
6. A Frenchman In New York - David Rose: David Rose and his Orchestra
7. 'The Village Of Daughters' (Theme from the film) - Ron Goodwin: Ron Goodwin and his Concert Orchestra
8. Boy Meets Girl - Meredith Willson: Meredith Willson and his Orchestra
9. Happiness Day - Roger Roger: Roger Roger and his Champs Elysees Orchestra
10. 'The Moonraker' (Theme from the film) - Laurie Johnson: Laurie Johnson and his Orchestra
11. Sound And Vision - Associated TeleVision March - Eric Coates: Eric Coates and his Concert Orchestra
12. Romantic Mood - Walter Stott: Telecast Orchestra conducted by Walter Stott
13. Here They Are - Hans May: Harmonic Orchestra conducted by Hans May
14. Journey Into Melody - Robert Farnon: Robert Farnon and his Orchestra
15. The Falcons - Charles Williams, real name Isaac Cozerbreit: Charles Williams and his Concert Orchestra
16. Comic Cuts - Sidney Torch: Sidney Torch and his Orchestra
17. Sensation For Strings - Philip Green: Philip Green and his Orchestra
18. Longing - Annunzio Paolo Mantovani: Mantovani and his Orchestra
19. Bright Lights - Victor Young: Victor Young and his Orchestra
20. My Love Is In Florence - Guy Luypaerts: Guy Luypaerts and his Orchestra (As 'Guy Lupar’ on LP Label)
21. Autumn Song - Otto Cesana: Otto Cesana and his Orchestra
22. Humpty Dumpty - Peter Yorke: Peter Yorke and his Concert Orchestra
23. Twilight Serenade - Alfredo Antonini: Alfredo Antonini and his Orchestra
24. Mississippi - Frank De Vol: Frank De Vol and his Orchestra
25. Chats De Gouttiere (Alley Cats) - Gérard Calvi, real name Grégoire Elie Krettly: Gérard Calvi and his Orchestra
This product has now been deleted. Information is for reference only.
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here