Light Music While You Work Vol.5
save £1.30 (14%)
special offer ending 28/03/2018
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Label: Guild - Light Music
Cat No: GLCD5211
Number of Discs: 1
Release Date: 6th January 2014
The fact that this collection of music is labelled ‘Volume 5’ should convey at least two significant hints: firstly there have been four previous Guild CDs of similar music; and secondly, comments from previous purchasers have indicated that they would still like more from the same source.
Fortunately the well has not yet run dry, and it is hoped that the performances by the orchestras who have by now become familiar friends will confirm the high standards that were regularly achieved.
'Music While You Work' was a regular BBC programme during World War 2, and Decca Records (the source of the recordings in this collection) issued a complementary series of 78s that could be played in factories when required. The first 78s appeared in 1942, and over 400 were eventually released before the final ones were issued in January 1947.
Most of the recordings featured dance bands and small groups but many were orchestral and the majority of these may now be found within these five Guild collections.
1. After The Rain (Francesco Canaro): Harry Fryer and his Orchestra
2. Amoretten Tanz (Joseph Gungl): Ronnie Munro and his Waltz Orchestra
3. Cockney Capers (Peter Crantock, pseudonym of Clive Richardson and Tony Lowry): Wynford Reynolds and his Orchestra
4. Barcarolle (Jacques Offenbach): Richard Crean and his Orchestra
5. Careless Cuckoos (Ernest Bucalossi): Harry Davidson and his Orchestra
6. Cavatina (Joseph Joachim Raff): Richard Crean and his Orchestra
7. The Druid's Prayer Waltz (Gordon Davson): Harold Collins and his Orchestra
8. Estudiantina (Emile Waldteufel): Ronnie Munro and his Scottish Variety Orchestra
9. Chant Sans Paroles (Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky): Richard Crean and his Orchestra
10. Dolores Waltz (Emile Waldteufel): Ronnie Munro and his Waltz Orchestra
11. Narcissus (Ethelbert Woodbridge Nevin arr. Philip Green): Harold Collins and his Orchestra
12. Heyken's Serenade No.1 (Jonny Heykens): David Java and his Orchestra
13. London Calling March (Eric Coates): Harry Fryer and his Orchestra
14. The Frolicsome Hare (Herbert Ashworth-Hope): Wynford Reynolds and his Orchestra
15. Melody In F (Anton Rubinstein): Richard Crean and his Orchestra
16. Mon Bijou (My Jewel) (Charles E. Le Paige): Harry Davidson and his Orchestra
17. Parade Of The Tin Soldiers (Leon Jessel): Richard Crean and his Orchestra
18. Promotions - Waltz (Johann Strauss II): Ronnie Munro and his Waltz Orchestra
19. Poeme (Zdenek Fibich): Richard Crean and his Orchestra
20. Pomone - Waltz (Emile Waldteufel): Ronnie Munro and his Waltz Orchestra
21. Santiago (A Corbin arr. Aubrey Winter): Harry Davidson and his Orchestra
22. Unrequited Love (Paul Lincke): Ronnie Munro and his Waltz Orchestra
23. The Jolly Airmen - March (P. Beechfield-Carver): Harry Fryer and his Orchestra
24. The Mascot Waltz (Edmond Audran): Harry Davidson and his Orchestra
25. Naila - Rhythmic Paraphrase (Léo Delibes arr. Arthur Lange): Harry Fryer and his Orchestra
26. The Grenadiers - Waltz (Emile Waldteufel): Ronnie Munro and his Waltz Orchestra
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here